Heavy Timber Truss & Frame, LLC
Heavy Timber Truss & Frame designs and builds energy efficient timber frame homes, additions, pool houses, gazebos, pergolas, and other structures, utilizing timber, logs, Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs), and Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs). We specialize in traditional mortise and tenon wood frame joinery and are known for our high-end finishes. We pre-cut, pre-fit, and pre-finish all our timber components before shipping to your job site for installation, and we use many different species of timber (including logs/timbers from your property). Timber components can include trusses, brackets, railings, fireplace mantles, and staircases.
- Interior fresh sawn timbers are finished with Danish Oil, kiln dried timbers are finished with stain and 2 coats of polyurethane, while exterior timbers are treated to exterior grade stains.
- Popular interior timber species include Douglas Fir, Eastern White Pine, Oak, Cherry, and Black Walnut.
- For exterior timbers, we utilize a lot of Cypress for natural insect and rot resistance, as well as Western Red Cedar, Port Orford Cedar, and White Oak.
- In addition to our all wood joinery techniques, we design and fabricate steel plates, accents, and turnbuckles if you want to bring the look of metal into your design, and provide those parts primed, epoxy coated, or powder coated in a color of your choice.
- SIPs: We utilize Neopor® EPS foam for fabrication, and our standard 6-1/2” SIP wall panel is rated at R-32, while our standard 10-1/4” SIP roof panel is rated at R-52. We have other thicknesses readily available to help achieve your design and budget requirements. All panels would arrive to the job site pre-cut and ready for installation, with all necessary embedded lumber and wire chases installed. With panel sizes up to 8’x24’ in size, we cover a lot of area quickly and minimize seams in your home. SIPs replace conventional framing and insulation techniques, such as 2x stick construction and roof trusses, to provide an energy efficient, structural shell for your home. Homes built with SIPs typically require 40-60% less energy input for heating and cooling than standard built homes. With our SIP package, we also provide a full HVAC energy analysis performed by an independent HVAC engineering company to help properly size the equipment in your home.
- ICFs: Insulated Concrete Forms are one way to build a strong, energy efficient foundation for your home. These foam blocks stack to form your foundation and act as forms for the concrete. We also have designed many homes to use precast foundation systems (Superior Walls) and standard poured wall foundations.
- Andersen E-Series windows/doors: Andersen’s upper end of offerings for windows and doors are very attractive in new construction since they are available to us with pre-finished wood fenestration on the interior, and 50 free color choices for the exterior. Available as casement, double hung, awning, picture windows, patio doors, etc.
- Pre-finished T&G: We will custom pre-finish any T&G needed for the ceilings and walls of your home, including smooth finishes, weathered finishes, various widths, and any species.
We provide design services, including 3-d virtual touring of your home as we design it. This is of great importance to really see what we’re going to build together, and is far more understandable than 2-d plans alone. Our plans and shop drawings will also be sealed by an independent Professional Engineer in the state where you’re building to ensure ease of permit procurement and peace of mind for the structural integrity of the home.
Kevin M. Perdue, PE
Chesapeake Timber Framing, LLC
Heavy Timber Truss and Frame Representative
Havre de Grace, MD